Friday, January 10, 2014

My one absolute truth

I have been saved a long time. Well, not very long...Almost 3 years now (2 years, 10 months, 16 days to be exact). I know it doesn't show a lot in my day to day living but I am. In those 3 years since I took my literal leap of faith, a whole deal in my life has changed. Internally mostly, externally.....well, I did put on kilograms like I haven't before in my life. Here is why....I am an incessant worrior. Or rather I was. I worried about everything. I worry about my future, my past, my friends' past,my neighbours' cats, the global financial crush, the state of the ice in Antarctica, will I drown in it before I freeze over? was the movie 2012 and WallStreet based on true events? Where would that leave me? When I worried, I never ate, so I became this little skinny thing. I loved the flat stomach, but truthfully, I didn't love much else.
As I looked back 'not-to-fondly' on my 2013 and looked even less fondly at the 'not-so-flat-stomach", I realised, I have become quite a happy human being. And for a few moments it confused me. I had never known myself to be just happy. Ever. Last year, being unpredictable as it was, I barely worried about anything. With the slow but sure growth into my trust in God, I had slowly but surely learnt to give up my worries to Him....almost completely and He covered me every step of the way. I figured it was time for someone else to carry the worries of the world off my shoulders. I was not Obama or Oprah. I could not even love and protest like Eric Wainana. So I let it go. Most of it at least. Well at least 50% of it. I did enter 2014 with financially much less than I had as I entered 2013 but I entered 2014 knowing with one absolute truth that 2 years 10 months and 16 days ago, I made the most honest and truthful step in my life. I made a decision that was over and above who I was.
So here is my absolute truth for my decade 2014-2024 (when I shall be celebrating my 30th 10th anniversary ), my God lives and He loves me absolutely. Everything else in my life is a variation of that truth. My family, my friends, my career, myself are all variations of that. Even when I am at my worst...and many many times, I am at my worst... He has shown me that he is reliable, trustworthy and truthful. All of me has now just started accepting that truth.
So what do I expect of 2014...That I will be able to surrender everything, every plan, every thought and every decision to God. I am a slow learner (it has taken me 3 years to get here) but there is hope for us all and it is a hope I am willing to hold onto in 2014. I shall walk in that absolute truth or at least I shall try my best.

5 comments:

  1. You write quite well. Impressed by the simple flow of thought and the story build up. Do continue writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, and happy anniversary on the biggest life choice you can make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the first time I'm actually excited about it. Dont know what to do with it though. O_o

      Delete
  3. Did you know you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and get $$$$$ from every visitor to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive