So I wonder what next year might bring. What kind of resolutions am I prepared to make for myself and how many am I willing to keep.There's one resolution though I am hoping to keep. That next year I should be a little more Christ-like. A little bit more love-filled. A lot more expressive. A tad less suspicious. 2012 will be a year of joy, peace and joie de vivre. Stressing out this year has taught me:
1. Stress costs money
2. Stress costs relationships.
3. Stress costs health.
4. Stress never repays debts.
So if you shall; join me in not sweating the small stuff this coming year, embracing the big moments, letting the bad moments slide, loving life as it develops and trusting that most people, even in their mistakes, mean well.
So this is my words for me this coming year:
1 Corinthians 13
1) If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2) If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3) If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4) Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5) It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6) Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7) It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8) Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9) For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10) but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11) When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 1)2 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13) And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Thank you for keeping me sane this year, for the company, the friendship, the love. From both known and unknown people. Let's jump into 2012 dressed nothing but love.