Thursday, April 11, 2013

Something to write about

Someone once said "No one ever wrote a book on ordinary people." I think Dr. Suess added by writing "Why blend in when you were born to stand out." Two quotes, similar meaning. I haven't written in a long time. I haven't even thought of writing in a long time. Not because I have been stuck in a hole or I am going through some ridiculous experience that does not allow me time with this keyboard I so love. Quite the opposite actually. Life has become.....ordinary. It's become blegh!!! I am blending in. And with that, life has become normal, lost its inspiration, dried up juice and I am afraid that it is my fault. A song will never be written about the girl who wakes up, goes to work and comes back home. A book will not be published about curling on the couch, seeping tea and watching mindless TV on a Saturday afternoon. Of course, that is if you don't look beyond the content of modern day reality tv where anyone anywhere withe the excitement of a dead lizard can participate. But my point remains, ordinary does not inspire creativity. It does not stir any loins, it creates bland and unfortunate fodder for story telling. I do like my life now. I like my job. I like my flat. I even like my routine. But as I go through my daily routine of eating, sleeping and working, I wonder if I couldn't be letting myself down. I don't want to LIKE my life, I want to fall deeply and madly in LOVE with it. I can brush my teeth everyday but I can only get butterflies every so often. I can curl up on the couch seeping tea all day long but I can only fall in love once, maybe twice in my life, I can experience ironing clothes twice a day if I wanted but I can not experience an adrenaline rush every single day of my life. Those are the things worth writing about, they are the bits and pieces that turn boring existence into beautiful life that gets me up in the morning rearing to go. I miss the intensity. Learning something new and exciting, having intense emotions about someone, free falling through space and time. Sometimes I even miss the heart breaks (I was never as hard working or as inspired as when I was heart broken). Sedentary is great and content but it is not life. It is not euphoria. It is not the memory you want to tell the grand-kids about. Its not a story you want to hide from your children.It does not inspire oohs and aahhs around the fire. I think I shall actively chase after life for a while longer before I finally give up onto the couch of sedentary and normal living. Find a muse, become an expert in something awesome, fall in love with a new place, arouse my taste buds with new experiences. I'm chasing life. I'm chasing something worth writing about.

5 comments:

  1. Following a normal daily routine will always be ordinary...but it gives a good break from all the other life shattering excitement.
    The house is always open, food is always in the fridge. Drop in sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, and love you even more in person. XOXO Christi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the blog too. Thanks. Rose

      Delete
    2. Awwww....Christi, Rose...love you too!!! :-) Does that insoire you to make me banana cake. :D

      Delete
  3. For me normal is abnormal in some spaces...but you are right..routine kills creativity

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive