Tuesday, January 20, 2015

With every broken bone, I lived

Every year we make resolutions, every year we break resolution. Because that is how the life cycle happens. Unless you are one of the few who have willpower and grit and resolutions always stick. You know those people who are always starting successful businesses, and live completely healthy lifestyle, they get married when they say they will, and procreate at will and when they say they are going Maui this year, be assured they shall be going. We hate them, but we want to be them, a little. But they are always stories worth telling our friends because they are resolutions that worked, goals that were met, lives that decided to change and did. They were everything you want to be but are too tired/afraid/lazy/unmotivated to be. We go through one year like we did the last and we know (although most times we wished we didn't) that next year will be the same routine. Then one year, everything changes. You get an epiphany, someone passes on, you lose your job, you get sick or you just wake up with a start in the middle of the night. Something in your breakfast pancakes, the way the traffic lights changed or just how the sun set, there is that moment you realise how much of your life you have wasted.....not reaching, not trying, not living...
I hear, and don't quote me, everyone (that is 100% statistically speaking) should have a life changing moment or series of moments that makes them either question everything they are or strengthen everything they are. That is how millionnaires and nobel winners are made I presume. That's how I guess presidents and inventers are created. They got into that moment and got so engrossed and overwhelmed with it that it was all they could imagine or believe or do. Everything before that point, stops to matter. But even if that moment doesn't happen, don't you want to truly live. Get to the end all tapped out and complete. Being good. Being courageous. Being adventurous. Being Yourself.
Miles Munroe once said: “The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose. - People generally fall into one of three groups: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen, and the overwhelming majority who have no notion of what happens. Every person is either a creator of fact or a creature of circumstance. He either puts color into his environment, or, like a chameleon, takes color from his environment.”
It is said that when the time comes, you will regret most the things you did not do. You know how you keep telling people you want to bunjee jump but never go or how you think you should put your business idea into play and never start or how you need to start saving and never try. That marathon, that girl/boy you want to talk to but keep looking at shyly into their direction, that position you want to apply for, that trip you need to make, that friend you need to call. Those are the things you will regret.
I am going to leave this lyric here because I think, this will be my resolution 2015: "I Lived"
Hope when you take that jump You don't fear the fall Hope when the water rises You build a wall Hope when the crowd screams out They're screaming your name Hope if everybody runs You choose to stay Hope that you fall in love And it hurts so bad The only way you can know Is give it all you have And I hope that you don't suffer But take the pain Hope when the moment comes You'll say...
I, I did it all I, I did it all I owned every second That this world could give I saw so many places The things that I did Yeah, with every broken bone I swear I lived
Hope that you spend your days But they all add up And when that sun goes down Hope you raise your cup I wish that I could witness All your joy and all your pain But until my moment comes I'll say...
I, I did it all I, I did it all I owned every second That this world could give I saw so many places The things that I did Yeah, with every broken bone I swear I lived
Yeah, with every broken bone I swear I lived Yeah, with every broken bone I swear I lived
I, I did it all I, I did it all I owned every second That this world could give I saw so many places The things that I did Yeah, with every broken bone I swear I lived

1 comment:

  1. Use this diet hack to drop 2 lb of fat in just 8 hours

    Over 160k women and men are hacking their diet with a easy and secret "liquid hack" to drop 2lbs each night while they sleep.

    It is simple and works on anybody.

    Just follow these easy step:

    1) Get a clear glass and fill it half the way

    2) And now learn this awesome HACK

    and be 2lbs skinnier in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive