Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dreams of Me

I always thought my life would turn out differently.
I always thought that by now, my life should have started figuring itself out. I should have had a career path set, a solid investment plan, a family, a home, a wardrobe. I do have those things....sort of...maybe....I think. Years later, I would be forgiven to look like a well-put together soul of the land. The untamed, unjudgy land. A soul of my dreams. Because I lack the strength to be a soul of the real world. The real world where my dreams are replaced with harsh truths. My desires replaced with responsibility. Dreams of a better life. A more fulfilled, more accomplished life. Not this life of lies that I live. Constantly convincing myself that I have the required stamina to move forward everyday.
Some days, this adulthood that I grew into seems almost like a forced ritual. Wake up, shower, check your bills, go to work, trek to the bank, run so that you don't die of lifestyle diseases, cook, sleep....then wake up with a start and pray that the Lord who created you has a bigger plan. A plan that I wish he could let me in on. Like I am cheating my way through life by creating a routine for myself. It almost feels like God may have made a mistake seeing as how blank I am on direction. Give that girl a map! Shouldn't life be more? Shouldn't it always be more?!
I dream of me. The me that I always thought I would be. The me that I thought I could be! The me that lived and let lived. The one who was the life of .... well, life. Dreams of a girl who knew her fashion, her cars and her men. Who knew her toes from her knees and didn't spend so much time trying to tell the difference. I dream of confidence and grace. All the things that I thought adults were when I was a child. Now I fumble with my forever-changing body, my constantly fearful heart and my desire to be more, to do more, to create more.
I dream of days where I will really know what it is I was meant to be doing, where all these mundane tasks I am carrying out are leading me to. It scares me that I could eventually leave this earth having achieved nothing meaningful, having touched no one, having not loved completely. I feel like this borrowed time that I am on should mean more, be more. Like I shouldn't waste it watching TV and walking slowly from shop to shop, smiling at strangers on the streets. Like I should be achieving greatness or at least trying to.
I dream of me. A different kind of me. I always did think my life would be further away from this keyboard. But here I am, living my life the best way I know how.

7 comments:

  1. A worthwhile read, an answer possibly lies therein:

    http://4020vision.com/index.php/2014/05/hungry-for-truth-why-identification-is-the-first-step/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a gift with words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HERE AR SOME VALUES IN LIFE TO STRIVE FOR:
    MAINTAINING A TRANQUIL MIND.
    ADOPTING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE SO THAT YOU CAN GROW OLD GRACEFULLY.
    EATING NUTRIENT RICH FOODS SUCH AS FRESH RAW FRUITS AND VEGETABLES.
    INDULGING IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
    DRINKING SUFFICIENT POTABLE WATER. POTABLE WATER IS HARVESTED RAIN STORED IN TANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CHECK MY INTERNET PROFILE ON www.google.com THEN SURF THE LINKS
    VIEW MY TWO POWER VIDEOS ON www.youtube.com THEN EMULATE ME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE PHOTO ON THE LEFT IS SIDNEY COAD WILLIAMS DEAD LIFTING 140 KILOGRAMS AT A BODY MASS OF 100 KILOGRAMS AND AGE 82 YEARS. VIEW MY DEAD LIFT VIDEO ON www.youtube.com TO SEE HOW EASILY I DEAD LIFTED 140 KILOGRAMS. I AM CURRENTLY 88 YEARS OF AGE AND MY MAXIMUM IN THE DEAD LIFT IS 160 KILOGRAMS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easily Increase Your ClickBank Banner Commissions And Traffic

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive