Thursday, August 5, 2010

Goodmorning and a cup of joe!

I don't come from a family of morning people. I find early morning one of the worser creations after mosquitoes and STD's. So today morning was pretty rough for me as I tried to get the energy to come back to work. My biggest issue is that I work on Saturdays and go to church most Sundays so I never quite get a free morning to just sleep in. So when yesterday I got the opportunity to sleep in, I did not spare myself and slept in until 11. I wasn't quite asleep but it was nice not to need to wake up so I kept my eyes half shut for the better part of the "a.m" hours.

Well, the bliss refused to last forever. The alarm clock rudely rung at 6.10a.m today and after several snoozes, I cursed severally, prayed for strength (and forgiveness)and grumpily rolled out of bed. I spent my time in the shower willing my body to get sick. I tried not to get off the jav when we got to my bus-stop. And when the moment finally came to cross the road, I stood there depressed for 10 minutes until my workmate came by and gave me a lift across the road and for the rest of the 5m to the office(Unfortunate. I was hoping to use it as an excuse why I can't get to work.).

Now I think the most depressing part about this morning is the fact that it felt like I was the only one on the road. The mat was practically empty and so were the roads. When I switched on my machine, no one was online and the people on radio and TV were just so annoyingly loud and irritating. To say, I don't particularly like this morning would be an under-statement.

That's what happens when you give someone like me something they never have. It's hard to go back and readjust back to saying "Jolly good morning ain't it?" while my mind quietly stabs you for waking up this early in the morning. So today, I'm not going to say good morning or pretend that I like being awake at this time of the morning. I will quietly dislike my body for not falling sick on my command and my workmate for helping me across the generally empty road. Maybe by tomorrow, my mind would have adjusted back to the drudgery that is the working life. But until then, I hate early mornings.

p.s: Now, here's what takes the cake about this morning. I have a boss who takes all her Thursdays and Saturdays off so she has worked exactly 2 days this week because I doubt she's going to continue working after our meeting tomorrow morning. I have mixed feelings about her right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive